HSNO/HSWA “Know How”
- There are over 100,000 hazardous substances registered in New Zealand, approved by the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996 (HSNO) which is administered by the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA), but regulated in workplaces by Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA) and the Health an Safety at Work (Hazardous Substances) Regulations which are enforced by Worksafe New Zealand.
- All new hazardous substances must be approved by the EPA so that they can set the controls and restrictions for their use.
- These controls can necessitate the need for Certified Handlers and Tracking (for the more hazardous substances) or may require hazardous substance locations to be certified.
- Both the HSNO and HSW Acts and their regulations can be very complex and confusing pieces of legislation to the uninitated. TCC (NZ) Ltd can help you to navigate, understand and implement the requirements.
- We offer a broad range of training and consultancy services which – supplemented by our publications, guides and easy to use templates – help your company ensure compliance.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.techcomp.co.nz/hazardous-substances/