- Certified Handlers are required in circumstances where the most hazardous types of toxic substances are being used.
- The requirement for an Certified Handler is also required for substances that require a Controlled Substances Licence (CSL).
- Our independently moderated course provides trainees with a basic knowledge of the HSW Act and its regulations and assesses the knowledge and experience requirements to become a Certified Handler.
- We tailor our course specifically to your site so you get the information that you need to be a Certified Handler for the chemicals that you use. This way we keep the work interruption to a minimum and you aren’t confused by information you’ll neither use nor need for what you do.
- Our Certified Handler course takes on average 3-4 hours to complete, depending on the size of the attendee group and the substances required. On successful completion of the course the attendees will be awarded a 5 year Certified Handler certificate.
- We can run the course onsite in a boardroom with a projector/screen. Contact us about your requirements so we can get the ball rolling by sending you our booking form.
- Unfortunately, our course is focused solely on Toxic substances in Industry. It does not cover Explosives, use of Agrichemicals, or pest control products. If you deal with these products, you’ll need to find another certifier who can assist you.
- If you already are an Certified Handler, but your 5 years are almost up, then you’ll need to have it renewed.
- Lastly, it is currently a requirement for the applicant to prove their legal name before being able to sit our Certified Handler course, so this means a copy of your passport or birth certificate is needed. It does need to be certified by a JP, but our certifier can do it instead if he sees the original.
- If you dont have a passport and don’t know where to get a birth certificate, you can order one here for less than $40:
Certified Handler Certification
Permanent link to this article: http://www.techcomp.co.nz/certified-handler-certification/